Web Developer Requirements
We are seeking a web developer to work in our Ulverston Head Office. You will work in partnership with our Account Managers, providing technical support for our clients as they seek to optimise their websites. You will be expected to provide strategic support as we cultivate new, and retain existing, business so a capacity to demonstrate sales and service skillsets would be extremely advantageous.
- A minimum of 1 years experience working with a server side scripting language such as PHP, Classic ASP, ASP.Net, C#, Python, Pearl or Ruby.
- A minimum of 1 years experience working with a common database platform, with the ability to write scripts to interact with the database in its native scripting language.
- An understanding of good semantic HTML working practices and their impact on the delivery of completed web pages to web browsers and other HTTP clients.
- An understanding of the impact of the viewing platform on the browsing experience. Should be prepared to support Internet Explorer versions 7 and 8, as well as modern browsers based on the Webkit and Gecko engines.
- Minimum 1 years experience of working with server platforms, setting up facilities to host web sites, email and databases.
- Experience with a range of Content Management Systems, e.g Joomla, Drupal, WordPress, Expression Engine.
- Experience with a range of E-commerce platforms, e.g. Zencart, OSCommerce, Actinic, Magento, Virtuemart.
- An understanding of the impacts of web development on Search Engine Optimisation and common problems that may be encountered.
- An understanding of web traffic analytical software.
- An awareness of the latest changes to the industry in areas such as Social media, Mobile platforms, new specification of standards, common APIs and security.