High quality, attractive and well-coded sites are essential in today’s competitive Digital Marketing world and with Google’s preview option, the initial user engagement becomes even more important.
Our technical lead constantly reviews our methodology to ensure a build process that does not lose sight of the fact that a website needs to work for the search engines but it also needs to work for the human end user or the conversion rates and overall engagement will be low.
The main categories of design and build that we offer are:
- Web design
A broad term used to encompass the way that content (usually hypertext or hypermedia) is delivered to an end-user through the World Wide Web, using a web browser or other web-enabled software is displayed. The intent of web design is to create a website a collection of online content including documents and applications that reside on a web server/servers. A website may include text, images, sounds and other content, and may be interactive. If you have need of less extensive change, we can support the redesign and adaptation of existing websites through our experienced Technical team.
- Content Management Systems (CMS)
Broadly speaking, this is a computer software system for organising and facilitating the collaborative creation of documents and other content. At the Digital State Group we would almost always encourage the use of a content management system so that website owners become familiar with their website and can interact and update it regularly themselves. This gives the website owner more control and can save a lot of money in the long run rather than paying the design company to make simple changes.
- E-commerce (Electronic Commerce)
The purchase and distribution of goods or services across the internet. We have developed various sites for companies looking to sell online but also the bespoke functionality that sit behind them that can include management of multiple databases, including stock, customer records, invoicing, etc. Also, as an experienced Digital Marketing consultancy, we also have great depth of knowledge relating to analytics interrogation, conversion monitoring and strategic development.
- Bespoke Solutions
The flexibility of our methodology means that we can offer service tailored to the needs of the client and each project is mapped out individually. These projects are charged on a time and materials basis.
A standard web build project would involve the following steps:
- Project Initiation Document (PID) is discussed and agreed with the client.
- Site map development (a site map being the road map or structure and hierarchy of the proposed site) and then sign off including analytics integration and goal setting.
- Wireframe production – this being the layout of the site with navigation and call to actions etc.
- Graphic design stage – the look and feel of the site to the client’s requirements.
- Website build – the actual bolting together of the site with integration to any other back office elements such as stock management or accountancy systems.
- Full, secure hosting provision with near 100% uptime.
Our developers can work in both PHP and .net and have extensive knowledge of most popular website frameworks and platforms.
Contact us today to discuss your requirements for a potential website design with one of our team.